Satisfaction VS Achievement – the pillow way.

Friday, November 21, 2008


I started to sleep after a stressful nightshift and my brain was still awake. Surprisingly, my brain began to talk to the pillow. The pillow was inquiring about my wellness of the day. My brain started to crib about the day’s bad happenings. At some point of time the pillow had to interrupt and said “Stop that. Why are you so pessimistic?” That was hard to take. Pessimistic. I was never a pessimistic person. i don’t see the empty half in a glass of water. The pillow said “Is that just sufficient. A person who knows psychology can never fail a psychic test”. True, the actual test is not just that simple. Pillow continued, “Life is simple. Just live it.” The brain asked “But how, what will happen to ambitions, the landmarks which want to cross. Importantly, my promises to keep before I sleep.” The pillow asked “what are they”. The brain listed all that I wanted to do from my childhood and never achieved any. The pillow asked “is that what you wanted to achieve.” The brain said yes. “Will you be satisfied then ..?” the pillow asked. The brain said it will try. The pillow asked “Do you have a hobby? How often you’ve rejected your own idea? How many things have you assumed rather than understanding the actual?” The brain started to ponder. The pillow continued “Great people don’t compromise. They don’t work for achievement; but it’s their passion. Satisfaction is just the state of mind. State of contentment. But passion is a burning desire it never sleeps. It never recognizes milestones. Neither hatred nor flattery falls in the sight of passion. Passion leads to achievement and achievement leads to glory. Passion is hunger and satisfaction is contentment. Think of what you can do today than tomorrow” The brain started to think “What am I working for? Money, glory, passion or just the need? Am I really passionate about something..?” The pillow stopped but brain started to think “is this simply my inability to cope up with the change or should I create something of my choice…”
To be continued….

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giving life to the Pillow...